Focus on your key customer groups
Personas have a crucial role to play in the increasingly important discipline of customer journey mapping. Personas and journey maps help shift companies’ focus from inside-out to outside-in. Personas describe in detail who your key customers are and why they feel the ways they do.
Personas are the starting point for a successful customer journey map. A customer journey explains what happens along the way, to whom, and how it happens – which is why you need to know who is embarking on the journey.
- Map your focus groups with a wider scope
- Explore your value proposition against your customers’ needs and how your offering is perceived by your focus group
- Map the influencers and stakeholders affecting the buyer
- Figure out your purchase process and how the buyer perceives it
- Find out a buyer’s critical information needs
- Map the key channels and touchpoints in your buyer’s journey